The results of the medal winning wines for the WineGB Awards 2019 are in and we eagerly await the unveiling of the trophy winners at the Awards Ceremony on 23rd July!
As described by Susie Barrie MW (WineGB Awards Co-Chair of judges), the awards “shine a light on the very best of the best” of the wines of Great Britain. There were an impressive 254 entries to this year’s competition. Judging took place on 17th & 18th June at the Institute of Masters of Wine in London, where all wines are judged to international standards of marking. The judging team included Oz Clarke, Sam Caporn MW, Pierpaolo Petrassi MW, Richard Hemming MW, Sue Daniels, Phil Tuck MW, Christine Parkinson, Nik Darlington, Jane Parkinson, Matthieu Longuere MS and Simon Field MW.
We’d like to congratulate all award winners, many of which are key customers of ours, including …
- Lyme Bay Winery – Gold for Lyme Bay Classic Cuvée 2015 & Lyme Block – Aldi Signature Cuvée 2018; Silver for Lyme Bay Sparkling Rosé NV; Bronze for Lyme Bay Bacchus Block 2017 & Lyme Bay Chardonnay 2016
- Camel Valley Vineyard – Gold for Bacchus Dry 2018; Silver for Pinot Noir Rosé Brut 2016 & Cornwall Brut 2015; Bronze for Atlantic Dry 2018 & Pinot Noir Rosé 2018
- A’Beckett’s Vineyard – Bronze for Rams Cliff Rosé 2018 & Two Degrees West 2018
- Sharpham Wine – Bronze for Pinot Noir 2018, Sparkling Blanc 2014, Dart Valley Reserve 2018, Barrel Fermented 2016, Whole Berry Rosé 2018 & Bacchus 2017
- Polgoon Vineyard – Bronze for Polgoon Rondo/Seyval Blanc Rosé 2017 & Polgoon Bacchus 2017
We’re at the Awards Ceremony at Vintners’ Hall on 23rd July, where the 19 trophy winners will be revealed, including for trophies for Best Still, Best Sparkling and Supreme Champion. We’ll be presenting the trophy for Classic Cuvée NV. If you were lucky enough to beat the rush for tickets to the Ceremony, we look forward to seeing you there!